• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Butting plastic panels together

Kottwitz-Graphics

Hey, Guys.

I have a project that I am quoting that consists of (10) 22" x 120" panels in a fascia around a building, and I have a question about butting the panels together.

Originally I would have put a panel on the back that will keep them together and avoid any light leaks, but I seem to remember seeing a patch piece somewhere that just slipped on the ends of the panels that butted them together.

Does anyone know where I can find something like that? Or even what it would be called.

Thanks
Mark

GaSouthpaw

Profane and profane accessories.
Not sure what that would be, but- if you have a router, I'd suggest doing an overlap seam of 1/2"-1". Do 1/2 the depth of the material on each side and there should be minimal (if any) difference in light coming through the seam compared to the rest of the panel. Have always found this works better (and uses less material) than adding pieces to cover the seams.
My .02.