• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Buying a Different Plotter

JKADesigns

I just sold my Panther. I was real happy with it, but now I need to buy a newer machine. I'm looking at the QE60+ from SW, found one that's a couple years old for a thousand dollars. I need the software to run it as well.

Does anyone have any opinion on these machines and how well they'd perform for short run graphics? I don't have much business now, I had bought $2,000 worth of vinyl, computer, plotter, and someone on here told me I couldn't warranty the vinyl since I didn't know how old it was so I got rid of it.. I'm too much of a perfectionist to sell vinyl that I don't know how old it is, and therefore I cannot warranty it.

Any opinions? Anything else I should look at for $1000 used? Thanks

Jackpine

You have LXi. That will run it. Corel Draw will run it with the Graphtec bridge program downloadable from Graphtec.
I just sold my Panther. I was real happy with it, but now I need to buy a newer machine. I'm looking at the QE60+ from SW, found one that's a couple years old for a thousand dollars. I need the software to run it as well.

Does anyone have any opinion on these machines and how well they'd perform for short run graphics? I don't have much business now, I had bought $2,000 worth of vinyl, computer, plotter, and someone on here told me I couldn't warranty the vinyl since I didn't know how old it was so I got rid of it.. I'm too much of a perfectionist to sell vinyl that I don't know how old it is, and therefore I cannot warranty it.

Any opinions? Anything else I should look at for $1000 used? Thanks

AUTO-FX

Those Q machines are re-branded Graphtec machines, sold exclusively by Signwarehouse. Much nicer then the "Panther".
Flexi, LXI, Co-Cut. Most, if not all of the bigger name brands will run the Q machines.
Go for it.

JKADesigns

I had a 24" plotter, was real happy with that one. Thinking about just staying with the same width as that is a good size for the space that I have to work with. Thank you for the information on the Graphtec rebranding, I didn't know that. Thank you very much for the replies!

Joseph

Rodi

Check out CiberSupply, they have an demo model Graphtec CE 5000 for 1200 bux with stand, and they are good folks too.