• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Buying my first Printer

sid-fmx

Hi, Im trying to choose wich printer to buy. This is for a new business that will produced off-road and dirt bike graphics. I am concidering between the SP300, PC600, and the CJ500. I found these three printers used for a decent price. Any advise on wich is better for my application and the pros and cons of each. Thank you for any help.

Amocat1

Go with the sp300 print/cut option, i read a lot of good things about this machine, i'm looking into buying one myself hopefully the 54" sp540. As for the Pc600 i dont know about the wax ribbons availability/banding issues. If your thermal printing go with the gerber edge, which can be expensive.

Pro Image

Out of the 3 the sp300 would be the best investment the CamJett is a good printer also for what it was designed for...............Me personally I wouldn't consider the pc-600............

GregT

I have never regretting getting the SP300v. The print cut option is great. I didn't look at any of the others mentioned. The only problem is I should have gone with the 540 instead.

sid-fmx

Thank you all for the advise. I have found a sp300 with ColorRip that has just been serviced and in working order for $7000. I noticed that the front says sp300 and not sp300v like the other ones I have seen for some reason. I have been using Vinyl Express Master software for my vinyl cutter. Is there a simular software out there for full color for an easy transition. Thanks again everyone.

Ken

The difference between sp300 and sp300V is in the RIP software. V stands for Versaworks . The sp300 comes with Colorip ( last version is 2.2)
When they switched over, I heard some grumblings about the V version.
I've been using the sp300 for abour 2 1/2 years now and dont regret choosing that one. You may be looking at need to upgrade firmware, replace the pump and change to Eco-Sol MAX inks. There is a way to determine just how much ink has passed thru the machine giving you some idea of how much expected life is left in the printheads.
Cheers!
Ken

Ken

50 bucks would be good.
I wouldn't part with mine for less than 7K. Not that i want to.
Check the various dealers for used equipment.
I use Corel Draw X3 almost exclusively with this machine then export/import into colorip. Well, OK Photoshop also.
Cheers!
Ken