• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Buying & Selling Software at Signs 101

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Recently we've had an individual here selling what he claimed was his own licensed copy of some popular digital art collections. On the last go around, it involved a collection which has periodic upgrades. When two of his buyers tried to upgrade what they had purchased, they were allegedly told by an authorized distributor that the software could not be upgraded because it was stolen. They are evidently going to lose their investment.

So be advised:

• Illegal duplication is a fact of life. It isn't just the software publishers who are harmed by this kind of activity.
  • Pretty much all software is covered by a license which will often have restrictions or prohibitions on the transfer of that license.
  • The classified ad forums here are not moderated in particular and being a registered member here does not put any stamp of approval on a seller or a buyer. Knowing who you are dealing with is your best assurance of a legitimate transaction. Signs 101 and its management is in no way responsible for the activities of its members.
  • For your protection when purchasing used software, read the terms and conditions of the license. This is what you are actually buying.
  • If you suspect something illegal is taking place, contact an Admin and report it.

Last edited:

MVIP

Thanks Fred!

I have come to this conclusion in life "If it sounds too good to be true, It probably is!"

GK

exactly...$100 copies of Adobe CS3 MasterSuite online.....but its $2499 from Adobe themselves....hmmm i wonder

iSign

hmmm digital art that comes with "upgrades"...

...sounds like one of those Vehicle Outlines companies maybe... though I don't recall any up for sale here recently

DRPSignsNGrafix

I've been getting emails lately with super low prices on software. They go right into the trash bin. Wish there was a way to stop them