• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

C-60 question rgarding registration

AD&M

I am printing a 45 inch long banner. I have never printed anything on this thing before. Is it going to stay in register? Also, whats the cost per linear foot for these things? I used up a yellow ribbon very quickly and I dont know how much was still on it but it looks like its going to be expensive to print anything.:banghead:

AD&M

OMG I am an idiot. This thing uses a shitload of ribbon to print. How many feet of ribbon in a roland ink ribbon? I heard a salesperson say 80 ft. Thats crazy. That means that the POS uses one ink ribbon cartridge every 4-5 feet. Thats $15 per color. Thats like $12 a foot to print anything.. I am so pissed right now. I got took bad. Ugh...
PLUS ITS FREAKING SLOW AS HELL.... 2 hours to print a 50 inch banner completely out of register.

R08

It actually costs you WAY more to use your own machine than to sub it out for stuff like banners.

Hope you didn't pay too much for it.

AD&M

I did pay too much. I made a rash decision to get it. I learned and impportant lesson last night. I basically cannot print anything over 8 inches in diameter and no banners. It cant do it, period.

I sure hope it works OK on small die cut stuff. It would also seem that I need to actually trap every multi color job.

Jackpine

When I had a PC600 I never had to trap any design. Your printer has a feed (stepping) misalignment. You can do small prints with that printer. It was never designed to do larger format. A PC600 paneled at about 18.5". I never did a print larger than that. If I had to would panel it and install in two parts. Your cost are higher since the 60 did not have a ribbon saving feature as the 600 did. Your color printing is spooling weather it is printing or not and wasting ribbon. Good luck.
I did pay too much. I made a rash decision to get it. I learned and impportant lesson last night. I basically cannot print anything over 8 inches in diameter and no banners. It cant do it, period.

I sure hope it works OK on small die cut stuff. It would also seem that I need to actually trap every multi color job.