• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

CAD software?

ExtremeG Alamosa

Yo,
I'm getting into a few jobs, that are more complex monument signs requiring CAD/architectural drawings. Mini construction projects if you will. It's not the easiest to find contractors around here who can get a quote out in a reasonable amount of time, much less actually do the work. So I'm considering bringing it in house. Does anyone use a CAD program? I've fooled with Sketchup a bit, but it's been years ago, anything else that works decent for sign making?

Dale D

I used Fusion360, then went to Rhino, then I bought a high end 3d scanner and it was packaged with Solid Edge. Each one has its own advantages. Fusion can be used as a hobbies for free but is cloud based. I didn't like the flow of the program. Rhino is good for free flowing organic shapes. Solid Edge and Solid Works ( 2 different programs) are better for Cad drawings with measurements