• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Caldera and crop marks

dypinc

Every once in a while I test RIPs. Because I would like to get away from Windows I am testing the Caldera 14.1 RIP.

Crop marks I am stomped on and can't find a way to set them properly. I have a document with a .25 bleed. I can set the margin to -.25 so the crop marks are in the correct place but how do you set them so they offset .25 so they do not print in the bleed area?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-08-16 at 5.23.01 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-08-16 at 5.23.01 PM.png
    223.4 KB · Views: 455

dypinc

Even if I add a bleed you still can't do that. Why would they even have that option if you can't set it properly? Caldera has been around this long. Are they serious that they can't offset the crop mark so they don't print in the bleed area.

dypinc

This is the trial at this point and yes I can enable cutting so I assume the cut server is enabled. I don't see anything in that tab for crop marks. I am just trying to imagine why anyone would want to have the crop marks print within the bleed area. I get so many client file that have no bleed or bleed only that to not be able to properly add crop marks in the RIP and have to place the files say in Indesign and export them would be a huge waste of my time. Plus the ability gang up many pages of small signs to print and mount to larger substrate and then trim I surely need as well. It is unfortunate if that in not do-able in Caldera which would make it a RIP I can't justify using.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
This isn't the way you want it? I had to make the bleed in caldera.
I personally always use the "reverse" crop marks (middle one). So they can't really even be outside of the bleed.

9fsdi9235jp.png