• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Caldera holding printer driver assignments hostage

Isaac_K

We recently upgraded one of our printers and logged into Caldera workspace to reassign the license/print driver assignment accordingly. Low and behold, the option is greyed out and says to contact our Caldera reseller. Upon doing so, we got the following response:

"They will need to upgrade their license and subscribe to CalderaCare to be able to make any changes to the printer driver assignments."

The quote I received to do this is $4,000. It feels like Caldera is holding our print driver assignments hostage and unfairly limiting the utility of our perpetual license. Has this been the case for everyone else here? Do I have any leverage to argue this?

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Well Onyx has its own way but doesn't limit your old license.

I don't have touch with Print Factory but I sure hear it's okay. But don't think that's free either, I'm sure it gets expensive.