• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Caldera Profiles for roland

Tyler Durden

Hello,

I just installed caldera and its laying down massive wet ink for the generic vinyl profile listed, so tests are a little depressing to start off. I cant imagine what media could soak up all that ink.
Has anyone had problems with this much ink?

Anyone happen to have any spare profiles for caldera and a roland 545ex. Im printing oracal 3640 mostly.

Also any good "budget" spectros out there, it looks like profiling is in my future.

THANKS!!!!!

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    99.9 KB · Views: 155
Last edited:

MrSalumi

Hello,

I just installed caldera and its laying down massive wet ink for the generic vinyl profile listed, so tests are a little depressing to start off. I cant imagine what media could soak up all that ink.
Has anyone had problems with this much ink?

Anyone happen to have any spare profiles for caldera and a roland 545ex. Im printing oracal 3640 mostly.

Also any good "budget" spectros out there, it looks like profiling is in my future.

THANKS!!!!!

I would be very interested in these as well. Please let me know if you end up with one. I have installed the trial version of Caldera for my SJ540 but havent began printing with it yet. How are you getting used to the layout of the software?

jmcnicoll

been using caldera for 1.5 years now and do believe it puts down a lot of ink, but not usually that much. Have you tried more than one of the canned profiles?

There are a ton of settings in the rip, many of which can cause one issue or another. Make a profile and see how it does.

Tyler Durden

I would be very interested in these as well. Please let me know if you end up with one. I have installed the trial version of Caldera for my SJ540 but havent began printing with it yet. How are you getting used to the layout of the software?

The layout is fine. It seems to just have a lot of options for every detail.
I really like the clean look of versaworks and it prints well for me. Its just missing a few functions I want. Now I want to cut with a summa so this is the route we have to go for that. If I can get good prints off of caldera I will be very happy. So far tech is telling me to change profiles because the ones it shipped with may be out of date for my printer.

I think the downside is just the time to set it up to get to where you want to be for your printer. Versaworks is really more comparable to using an apple product. It works well for what it does and is clean and simple to work with. Not a lot of settings to mess up.

Tyler Durden

So I have tried a media profile patch caldera sent me for a media I have never heard of and I got a very decent print on matte vinyl!
They said the shipped profiles were from before "rolands intelligent pass tech".
That's kind of funny because that came out like like 5 years ago, so im not sure why the included profiles would have not been updated since, but I guees they support a lot of printers and updating old profiles is up to you.

I tried 3 to start and they all were pooling ink big time, generic vinyl, premium vinyl, and matte vinyl.