• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Caldera Summa Postnet & FlexCut

daenterpri

Caldera released a new patch for Summa Postnet (which allows continual cutting with barcodes) that allows you to adjust more FlexCut options from the rip. The problem is that now when it does a FlexCut, it bounces all around the decal making little cuts instead of just cutting all the way around at once like it used to. It does cut out the entire decal like it's supposed to, but it does it in a real inefficient and time consuming way that actually has more potential to mess up the decal.

So to be clear, instead of cutting clockwise all around the decal like it used to, its now bouncing back and forth across the decal making little cuts.

Anyone know how to change the way it cuts?

bigben

I did not tried it yet since the update. But you can send a email to their support. They are very fast to response.

FrankW

There are two flexcut-modes available in Summa-Plotters, "fast" and "accurate", and "accurate" does that little steps (stops everytime when changing pressure).

Since Onyx 11, Onyx too supports only "accurate". When asking for that issue, they told me that skipping the "fast" mode was a recommendation by Summa.

Check if your settings allow more than one "mode", and try the other one. If not, it seems that Caldera follows the Summa recommendation too.

If it is so, there is only one possibility: set the flexcut-mode at the machine and set no tool command in the software.

daenterpri

If it is so, there is only one possibility: set the flexcut-mode at the machine and set no tool command in the software.

I did try this last week and it seemed like it kept overriding my cutter. There doesn't seem to be a way to turn tools off in Caldera that I know of. You can turn off settings per tool, but not the tool itself. :(