• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Caldera Visual Cut and plotting only

CKCUSTOMKC

hey all

I am trying to set up my graphtec plotter to run with caldera, and currently I have everything set up as far as hot folders and connections, however I cannot send anything directly to the cutter using cut lines only. I thikn I am missing a step but im not sure what that step is since I m very new to caldera.

I know how to rip and print and then cut, but I cannot figure out how to rip something just for cut

tulsagraphics

I don't think it's possible with Caldera (I've tried in the past). Best to use a separate app or plugin for straight cut vinyl work.

CKCUSTOMKC

Cutting Master 3 or 4 only, for direct cut
so the problem with cutting master 4 is there is not a plug in for corel 21 yet, and I cant find a suitable work around because currently I only have access to corel, cutting master 4, and caldera,

balstestrat

Problem Solver
so I got it to run cut only files like in the link you posted, however we only have one license for a cutter on caldera, but we have 2 cutters, one cutter runs off of caldera and the other off of cut master 4, however with cut master 4 there i no plug in for mac and corel 21 yet
You don't need licenses for roll cutters. Just add 2nd cutter in the setup.

CKCUSTOMKC

You don't need licenses for roll cutters. Just add 2nd cutter in the setup.
do you happen to have a video explaining exactly how to do this? because I tried to follow up what I thought was set up procedures for that and it was giving me a licensing error when trying to run the other plotter, I have my rip set up on one computer and my plotter running off of another computer. Caldera doesnt have a whole lot of videos out there about how to set things up initially, that I have found at least

CKCUSTOMKC

I guess I could be wrong, thinking it's unlimited roll cutters.

What models do you have exactly?
i have a graphtec 6000 and a graphtec 8600 however the are being ran from 2 different computers because they are not located in the same room, and the issue ay be occuring that we only have one cut license and it cannot be used on two different computers