• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Calling all Gandi experts

cwb143

Gandi Jeti 3150 x2 and Fedora os with Gandi Software.

Im trying to print in 3pass I know im not to expect
too much out of quality but it looks like with each pass
the gap is too wide like a feed rate problem. 6 pass is better
but you can still see it just smaller. 9 and 12 pass the problem starts to go away. Is there a way to adjust the feed rate on a Gandi Jeti 3150 printer?? I have attached a picture of a print if anyone wants to see it.

thanks for any help.
CWB

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    12.6 KB · Views: 88

RycckG

it appears that you are only 1 nozzle width off.. is it possible that you have a few end nozzle clogs? i would suggest you print a solid bar, turn off all heads but 1 color and cycle thru each color see if this points to 1 particular color. if it does, i would check nozzle or color-color alignment i do not know of any way to manipulate table travel increments, i would find it very hard to believe that could be the problem.. good luck, Rick

Typestries

I really doubt it's a table feed issue too. It looks like jets out or ink starvation. There's waviness in each pass width. Have you checked your head alignments-front and back particularly? It may be that the heads are aligned fine and your jets are able to fire, but you may also have to raise the temps of your reservoir and manifolds, you are pushing ink at 4x the rate, couple that with a cold space for winter, and you need less viscous (warmer) ink to flow and jet more quickly. You can also slow the carriage speed down (you should, actually) as it will allow ink to replenish into the heads from the manifolds.

We have found that while 3 pass works, the trade off of slowing the carriage for ink replenishment outweighs the benefits. We can run at 1900 in 6 or 9 pass and only add a minute or two, and we put out a way better product.

Also check head voltages-have your heads aged? you may need to bump em up 1-2v at a time.

good luck

We run 3pass CS speed 2000 all the time with great production. Here is the trick....

Need to run 4 color as for light colors are the issue.

Need a solid 4 color profile...

Initial ink restrictions all colors 100 percent.. Final ink settings should be at 3.8 with GCR clicked on. Ink in Jeti controller should all be 190 density.

3 pass will not give you good print unless you are in 4 color.

This WORKS.. All about profile not mechanics of the machine.

cwb143

Man i really appreciate the feedback. Let me take a bit to digest this great info and I'll let you know what I found out. awesome thanks again.

cwb143

Do any of you print in white? We stopped doing this had too many problems. Also We switched to Sericol Inks and had great success other than the problems I already told you about. Do you prefer a different brand of Ink?

cwb143

Couple More questions please.

Rick you said to check the voltages. My book says a certified Tech should only check these. Do you think I should bump the numbers up? My heads have been replaced except for LM. its been ordered.

Also Question for Merrit Graphics. What did you use to make a 4 color profile? All I have is Onyx and Eye One. Also my printer won't run at 2000 it comes to a halt after that dosnt like it . Thanks for you time fellas.

CWB

RycckG

You will likely need to adjust voltages as you replace heads. Just take notes on where they are when you make adjustments and only move a 2 clicks at a time. No fear.. Who replaces the heads? If a Gandi tech did it, I would hope that he set the voltages AND did a nozzle alignment and a color to color. If that has not been done, than you need to start there. That could solve your entire problem

cwb143

Ink Tank Filters

Thanks for that I'll look into it. by the way do you know
where to find Ink tank Filters for the Gandi 3150 x2 ??

I appreciate it much.