• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Calling HP Scitex FB 500/700 users

growler

Hi all,

in the process of replacing a Dilli Hybrid machine and the FB series is a contender. The automation of this machine seems a real bonus, the multi board input and loading while printing etc.

I would like to ask your thoughts on Gamut, in particular Cocacola reds. Ink Consumption.

My major question would be the inks adhesion to coreflute, fluteboard, coroplast (what ever it may be called in your neck of the woods) as this is a large part of my day to day usage.

Also is their anything you would like to add, pros or cons you have about your machine.

Thanks heaps!

LarryB

I have had my FB500 for 4 months now and love it. Ink sticks well to coroplast. For aluminum or aluminum composite material they scratch easy after printing. If they can sit aside overnight they are done curing and hard to scratch. My only drawback is deep reds or coca cola red. Only way to get a rich red is to print Is Max Dpi Saturated mode which is the slowest mode. Overall I am very pleased with it and highly recommend it.

danno

We have a FB700 now. Reds are a sore spot. Max DPI is the only way to hit a good red with the canned profiles. If you have the capability/time to write a custom profile, you would be better off. If you are using Caldera, Scott @ HP Atlanta might have something to help you.

dsgn4

We also have a FB700..2 years now and going strong..in my opinion..it is corrugated plastic based..runs the heck out of them..yes reds and oranges are a bit tough to match..but if your looking for quick print coro yard signs this is the way to go..some of the techs HP has for this are very good..some of themn go back to the beginning of piezo head days at colorspan..they know their stuff..we are very happy with our machine