• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Can anyone help me?

Tomi G

Premium Subscriber
I am new to the professional cutter world and need someone that can help me figure out what is going on. As all of us if we are not producing orders we are not making money. I am at that point right now 4 orders and I can not get them out until I can fix this issue I am having.
So I purchased a used VinylExpress Q60 which from what I have learned is a Graphtec FC7000, the guy I got it from used it to cut wraps and window tint, so he was not able to help me with print and cut. Not much online about this cutter or at least anything that can help. I was able to find the setting to turn on the Registration mark scanning feature and when I print my file from Flexi 21 and place it on the cutter move the head near the registration mark and hit ok to scan, the head moves off the page an starts to look, it moves a little bit towards the paper and continues to look but then gives me a scan mark error. I have called so called experts and non of them can help me why I am not sure the previous owner never used that feature and the reason it was not turned on so I do not think it could be a bad sensor but it could be. I live in the Orlando area and am not able to locate a service center or anyone that can help with this type of issue. I am not able to upload a video that shows what it is doing. I have reset the cutter just to make sure no origin settings could have been causing it. I am sorry for going on and on, but without the video I am trying to give you a picture of what is happing. If you can help and believe me I sure can use it and do appreciate any input to help me resolve it. If you would like to chat over the phone, just PM me and I will pass on my number, if that is allowed here on the forum.
Thanks
Tomi

Tomi G

Premium Subscriber
So I guess I figured it out. I do not have a sensor, now the problem is I can not find the parts for it 772126720 auto registration mark sensor assembly. If anyone knows anyone or lace that might be able to help me that would be a blessing.
Thanks
Tomi

Stacey K

I like making signs
I have the FC700-75 -it's old and to my knowledge it does not have the sensor for cut/print. I have not needed it but I did look the manual over a while back when considering buying a printer and came to the conclusion I would also need a new cutter.

Here is the manual - maybe I missed it but did not see anything:

Tomi G

Premium Subscriber
Mine does have the ARMS carriage but it does not have a sensor, I found that out after removing the cover. As you can see in photos 8369 & 8370 the sensor is missing. I have a CE-6000+ that I had to get because I do not have or can not find a sensor, you can see the dome on the left side, that is what you should see on your cutter if you have an ARMS system installed. So if you have an old cutter sitting around and it has a sensor and would like to sell the sensor off of it hit me up.
Thanks for your help and advice.

Attachments

• IMG_8369.jpg
    IMG_8369.jpg
    497.9 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG_8370.jpg
    IMG_8370.jpg
    502.6 KB · Views: 133
  • IMG_8433.jpg
    IMG_8433.jpg
    422.6 KB · Views: 106

Stacey K

I like making signs
I'm pretty sure it does! I have the fc7000 75, and the 160. I contour cut on those all day long. It's just a little tricky on the procedure to get it reading the registration marks. Once you get it though, it's pretty easy to run it all day. I only asked for a pic of the carriage because if it has the contour cut function, it should have a holographic sticker that says ARMS.
You are right! LOL - I guess I never needed it so I never really looked too much into the manual. I can only think of one time I would have needed it and that's when I forgot to add a contour cut to a file I had printed. I'll have to try this out, could come in handy one day if I forget again, thank you!

Tomi G

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for all your support and help. I would sell it for sure, right now I will be setup for 24" format and now that I have the CE-6000+ I think I am good, if anyone would like to make me an offer I might consider it if it is far. Remember I live in Florida so there would be shipping involved also.