• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Can eco-solvent offgas actually do damage to uv print heads?

Caw

Minister of Percussive Maintenance
So my company is looking for a new LED uv flatbed printer and I've been shopping around(any recommendations welcome). Canon reps call me and they tell me since I have eco solvent printers that I shouldn't have a UV printer in the same room with it since it will eat the print heads. First time I've heard that one...Anybody else get this info or heard of it before because it sounds like BS in it's highest form..lol

Last edited:

Caw

Minister of Percussive Maintenance
If a solvent printer could damage a head on another machine from across the room, most of us in this forum would already be dead.
Agreed...they really want to sell me a New Colorado with the flatbed I think.

johnnysigns

We've heard of it too honestly. Not sure how that plays out with all the ink variables between manufacturers though.

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
We have a solvent machine 6 feet from our UV... 4 years later and our heads are as good as the day either machine was installed.

This claim reminds me of a local retailer who only yesterday managed to convince an acquaintance that laser toner was being phased out and that they should be buying an inkjet for the office. I'm still angry about that one.

netsol

While financing a canon/Colorado printer costing as much as a small house, adding a few thousand for an air scrubber, solves the whole issue

If you haven’t found the eco sol printer objectionable, your new printer won’t either

On the cheap a nutone/broan bathroom exhaust fan will have the same effect