• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Can I buy additional software to use HP54 basic cutter for cutting only

Mark Reed

I have a HP115 print and cut solution which is the HP115 printer with a HP Latex 54 basic cutter. This cutter works well with the print and cut with the printer. Am I able to add additional software so that I can use the cutter as an independent cutter without using the printer. I had a Graphtec cutter before but had to sell it due to COVID and am not able to buy a new one. I read somewhere that the HP cutter was a rebranded Summa Cutter. If anyone can help I would be most grateful on whether it is possible and what would be the best software to buy. Thanks in advance

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Okay, then you can't cut straight from it. Test the winplot, just add the cutter as summa cut and it should work.

LrC

You may be able to open an .svg format right in Onyx CutServer and send straight to your cutter