• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Can I change a fonts name?

I would like to know if it is possable to change the name of a font.I just want to organize my fonts by maybe putting a dash or number in front of them to get them to the top of my fonts list for ones I use most frequently.Is this possable and if so,how do I do it? I ve tried a couple of things but it doesnt change their names in my sign program or control panel.Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Steve C.

You will need a special program to do that. Do a Google search for fonts creating software. If you only want to edit the name there is a free one offered by Microsoft, Can't remember the name. It may not be such a good idea, however, It is illegal in most cases with copyrighted fonts and it could cause problem when loading and unloading fonts in your design software.

Use a font management program like Font Navagator, Comes with Corel, or Adobe Font Manager. You can arange fonts in catagories and types that will make looking for them much easier.

Would it make for a problem if I just put a dash or someting in front of the fonts name just to get it to the top of the list?If its going to make a bunch of problems loading in my program then I will just leave them alone,Got enough headaches already!

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
It's a bad idea if you have any saved jobs (and who doesn't?). Everytime you open a saved job containing fonts it will fail to find whatever you used.