• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Can I make T-shirts with a OKI E-64s?

GraphX_Guy99

Sign Guy
I would like to start making (small runs) T-shirts. But for now, my equipment is limited to a Graphtec fc9000, and an OKI e-64s 60" printer. Can I do a "Direct-To-Film" print with this equipment?

hybriddesign

owner Hybrid Design
I second colorprint easy as it’s a great product . We order from coastal business products. You’ll also need the matching clear transfer tape.

This isn’t as thin as dtf but you can do it on a solvent printer and it works very well.

You can’t print direct to film on your printer. Honestly it might be easier to just order dtf transfers if you don’t want to deal with print and cut.

rjssigns

I would like to start making (small runs) T-shirts. But for now, my equipment is limited to a Graphtec fc9000, and an OKI e-64s 60" printer. Can I do a "Direct-To-Film" print with this equipment?
I agree with hybriddesign. Just order the transfers. There was a recent thread regarding the subject. You'll need a decent heat press too.

Stacey K

I like making signs
Absolutely start with transfers and a heat press. Like RJ said there's a good thread on this from 1-2 weeks ago. Transfer Express is a good starting point, they will send you a nice package of sample transfers to press at your shop. This way, you get to see the difference between screen print, DTF, etc. There's a lot more info in that other post. There's a lot to learn with this, lots of fabrics, transfers, combinations, heat, light ink on dark shirts require a white backing...on and on.