• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Can I print and cut Variable data with Mimaki???

Hogan

Hi Guys!
After a little time i need ur help once more.
We have a client who wants to have 2000 stickers numbered (1-2000) in a pretty small square size. Do you think that my printer can do that? And if yes how can i manage that I can't find any tutorials. I am working with a mimaki cjv-160 Rasterlink.

Thanx

signswi

You could just have whatever you're using to generate your design and integrate the variable data output a 2000 page PDF and print from that.

That is, if Rasterlink supports multi-page PDF. I know Onyx does, haven't used Rasterlink.

CL Graphics

As far as i know rasterlink wont do it. Wasatch will if you purchase additional software. i'd set em up in flexi and export a eps file with the cut path. do your nomal print cut routine from there.

Rooster

If you don't do a lot of variable data, sometimes it's best to step the artwork up in illustrator or something similar and just add the numbers manually. It goes pretty quick. It's not something I'd like to make a career out of, but it gets the job done for the odd variable data job that comes through our shop.

That said the variable data option from wasatch is pretty affordable to add on. I just don't do enough variable data jobs to justify it.