• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Can I Use That Picture?

garisimo

This is a pretty good guide for determining whether you can use an image or not.

CanIUseThatPicture.jpg

Original blog post and larger format guide here:
The Visual Communication Guy

Cheers!

-g-

chartle

But can I use that picture on the blog? I'm going to go through the flowchart.:smile:

ETA: actually they addressed it a bit in the comments.

garisimo

While I realize you are poking a bit of fun, I debated on putting a screenshot here for exactly that reason (it would have made sense for the author to publish this in creative commons, or at least give some guidelines regarding reposting). I believe that my use is fair and attributed, and I took pains to ensure that someone interested in this topic would need to click over to the site in order to read the actual guide. It would have been less defensible had I reproduced the image at 100% without crediting the creator. Finally, I took a 'picture' (screenshot) of the guide, and did not use the author's image and shrink it down (which I think also has a certain amount of legal merit).

Cheers!

PS I think his server is toasted right now.