• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Can someone convert for me?

Salmoneye

I have a CDR file but use illustrator and versaworks. The customer sent a PDF as well but some background textures disappear once I put it in versaworks. Can someone convert a CDR to an EPS so that I can open it in Illy or use it in VW?

Zophus

Take the pdf and drag and drop it into new illustrator document, then before you embed it go to object, flatten transparency, convert text to objects if needed and OK...
Hope this helps

Salmoneye

Thanks Zophus, I tried what you said and nothing. If I view the attachment and let google handle it I see the textured backgrounds in the art. If I follow your instructions it originally places the file in a bounding box without the textures but solid color backgrounds instead. When I flatten it using the alpha channel or spot color options nothing changes, still no textures.

Zophus

Sorry I thought it might work.
I use that when customers send me a pdf without the text outlined...
I don't have Corel Draw to help... Sorry