• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Can someone help me with this issue?

Brendon007

Been getting drop out on the black nozzle in my test print as you can see.
an it seem like there is bad alignment with black can someone tell me why thats happening an how i can fix?

Attachments

• IMG_6908.JPG
    IMG_6908.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 368
  • IMG_6910.JPG
    IMG_6910.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 145
  • IMG_6912.JPG
    IMG_6912.JPG
    3.8 MB · Views: 127
  • IMG_6918.JPG
    IMG_6918.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 160

zspace

Premium Subscriber
What printer do you have? There should be a bi-directional alignment test/adjustment on the printer. The other long shot possibility is the black head temp could be too low and it’s slow to fire.(used to run into that on a NUR printer)

Brendon007

What printer do you have? There should be a bi-directional alignment test/adjustment on the printer. The other long shot possibility is the black head temp could be too low and it’s slow to fire.(used to run into that on a NUR printer)
Its a Roland SG540. I plan to do a bi-directional alignment test/adjustment in the morning when i get to the office. so ill update on the results.

Scott at Roland

This does look like a media gap (bi-directional) adjustment is needed. You can test that theory by printing in Uni-Direction. If the problem goes away, then you are on the right track. One thing - you may need to do a Detail Adjustment, which checks the calibration for all colors, not just black.

Brendon007

This does look like a media gap (bi-directional) adjustment is needed. You can test that theory by printing in Uni-Direction. If the problem goes away, then you are on the right track. One thing - you may need to do a Detail Adjustment, which checks the calibration for all colors, not just black.
Thanks much for the info am gonna give that a try now.

Brendon007

ok so the results after some adjustments on the bi-directional it shows up better than it was yesterday.
but still need tweaking cause you can still notice it on them small prints.
Anything big you wont notice but i'll like to have it sharp so i can do small prints.
Gonna do a head soak tomorrow an see how better it gets.

Attachments

• IMG_6951.JPG
    IMG_6951.JPG
    3.7 MB · Views: 96
  • IMG_6978.JPG
    IMG_6978.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 102
  • C73C8F2C-BCFB-42D5-ACA1-D6D4D683D365.jpg
    C73C8F2C-BCFB-42D5-ACA1-D6D4D683D365.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 101
  • IMG_6950.jpg
    IMG_6950.jpg