• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Can the Oce 480 use lc and lm inks?

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
I don't believe you can.
light inks aren't very beneficial. most people change from light inks to double C&M

• Agree
Reactions: D3D

D3D

Thanks. I thought that was the case but then I saw something about lc, lm in the user manual. The light inks are required for my application.

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
Yeah, that's really weird... the manual you supplied is the only place I can see mention of LcLm being options... no other spec sheets say it's possible.
The closest I can find is CM2 mode, but that just uses additional Cyan/Magenta channels to speed things up a bit.

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
Lc Lm came out in the 600/1200 series.

Why are they required? light inks don't do much other than slightly reduce grain in gradients.

louie

You cannot use Light inks on Arizona 400 series. 480 ink configuration is double Cyan and Magenta for faster speed in production mode and nozzle redundancy. Light inks only applies to 1200 series and up.

• Agree
Reactions: D3D

D3D

Lc Lm came out in the 600/1200 series.

Why are they required? light inks don't do much other than slightly reduce grain in gradients.
Lenticular printing. Under the magnification of the lenticular sheet dots are magnified and will give a grainy/shimmery appearance where CM are used in lighter areas.