• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Can you disable a print head (UJF-6042 MkII)?

Landrik

We have a UJF-6042MkII printing 95% in black or white, occasional accent colors. In our experience the primer/clear head is a pain. Even if not using primer it still uses some, clogs the primer/clear head and a small amt seems to migrate over to the yellow head. I'm to the point now I'd like to disable the primer/clear head (4 head model). Is that something you can do and still print with the other 3 heads? Buying replacement primer/clear bottles we arent using also seems foolish.

Thanks for any feedback.

btxmedia

Just did this on a 6042 MKi. Changed the inkset option to disable the Clear/Primer. It will flush the lines then save that there is nothing there. Someone with a MKii will be able to 100% confirm the procedure is the same on that model.

Smoke_Jaguar

Primer and clear are spot colors, buy a liter of flush and clean out a bottle. Split the flush between 2 bottles and toss those in the ink bottle station. Keeps the heads wet and clean so they can be used in the future and the fluid level sensors are fine. Can also just use some of the parameters from a UJF-3042MKII if you want me to look them up, since the non EX variant just uses 3 heads.

Landrik

I asked a tech if we could do that and they didnt know. I love the idea but was concerned 24/7 contact with the flush might be too hard on seals, gaskets, hoses, whatever it touches, etc. Not buggering up the nearby head with primer and a bit of flush down the vacuum head cleaner sounds like a win to me.

Landrik

Just did this on a 6042 MKi. Changed the inkset option to disable the Clear/Primer. It will flush the lines then save that there is nothing there. Someone with a MKii will be able to 100% confirm the procedure is the same on that model.
I didn't see any options to disable a head, I'll have to find the maint manual and look again.

Thanks