• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Can you force VersaWorks to print white in Standard Quality instead of always High?

DillardSigns

We have not had our VS-540 for long, but I have a job for 1400 3"x24" stickers that have a 3"x1" section that has to be bright blue. The vinyl is safety yellow, so I had to underbase it to get the blue to come out right. When I add the white, it forces the print quality to "High" and my dpi shoots up for the entire run. I only need it on this narrow stipe. Is ther any way you force VersaWorks to print white in Standard Quality instead of always High?

Thanks for any help you can offer...

Frustrated

jasonx

You'd need to create an ICC profile at that quality mode. The white profiles you are trying to use I assume have only been done at 1440x1440dpi.

rjssigns

I don't think there is a way around it. Pretty sure white ink needs the density. What you are asking the printer to do is keep the density of the white while laying down less ink. Not gonna happen.

Other point is anything with white we sub out. Anything over three or four hundred gets subbed out too. I can make way more money on an order of that size by making a phone call and uploading the artwork.

DillardSigns

Has anyone ever made an ICC for VersaWorks with White 540x720 dpi?

Has anyone ever made an ICC for VersaWorks with White 540x720 dpi?

We don't have an ICC generator program to try it. I have tried creating new Media Profiles in VW, but it will not let me turn up the speed anywhere close to Standard Quality.

I am not asking for it to produce the same density as the High Quality 1440x720 print. I only need it to lay down some white because I'm printing on a yellow vinyl and need to print blue (Not even a bright blue, just a blue).

Would someone with a program be willing to help me make one to try?