• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Can you speed up UCJV300 where there is no data?

Heebeegeebee

I've been printing some large images on my UCJV300 where there are large spans with no ink being laid down but the machine only advances the media as fast as it would if it were laying down ink. I'm printing in 600x1200 or 1200x1200 so this is pretty slow considering that it could just quickly advance the material to the next section where ink needs to be laid down. Is this a setting that can be changed somewhere or is it just something I have to live with?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I believe if you go into the Setup menu and turn on "Logical Seek" it will speed up the feed in those spots.

Heebeegeebee

I believe if you go into the Setup menu and turn on "Logical Seek" it will speed up the feed in those spots.
Thanks, but the logical seek just makes the print head only travel as far as it's printing rather than travelling the whole width of the bed on every stroke. It doesn't affect the feed in any way.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Thanks, but the logical seek just makes the print head only travel as far as it's printing rather than travelling the whole width of the bed on every stroke. It doesn't affect the feed in any way.
Make sure there is actually nothing in the file in that spot. Not even a white background. I know logical seek will skip feed direction on older Mimakis but they may not have continued that on your model as too.

DL Signs

Never go against the family
Their roll printers are the same, hit blank space and it takes forever to chunk it's way past it. I usually just run a line w/ 0.2 stroke in 1%C in the file just outside the artwork down the length on the feed side. It's quicker having something there to print (even if it is too small and light to be visible) than waiting for it to process blank passes. With the logical seek on the head just goes zip-zip back and forth and feeds.

White Haus

Not a Newbie
Their roll printers are the same, hit blank space and it takes forever to chunk it's way past it. I usually just run a line w/ 0.2 stroke in 1%C in the file just outside the artwork down the length on the feed side. It's quicker having something there to print (even if it is too small and light to be visible) than waiting for it to process blank passes. With the logical seek on the head just goes zip-zip back and forth and feeds.
Yep, this is what we do as well. I'd love to have a talk with the genius engineers that designed these things to move slower on blank areas than printed.