• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Can you technically use 2L ink bags on a Canon/Oce Arizona 318gl?

White Haus

Not a Newbie
Wondering if anyone knows if you can technically use larger ink bags on a 318gl? I know physically the ink tray is designed/intended for 800/1000 ml bags, but is it possible to use bigger ones?

This is under the assumption that the larger bags are slightly cheaper than the 800ml ones.... I'm bidding on a large project that would have extremely tight margins and I'm exploring all avenues to keep costs low.

Canon politely refused to give us any sort of discount if we buy multiple sets of ink at once....so that's a dead end.

I'd consider switching over the CMYK Engineering's aftermarket ink but probably wouldn't be wise to do so in a rush in hopes of getting a large contract.

Wondering if anyone knows if you can technically use larger ink bags on a 318gl? I know physically the ink tray is designed/intended for 800/1000 ml bags, but is it possible to use bigger ones?

This is under the assumption that the larger bags are slightly cheaper than the 800ml ones.... I'm bidding on a large project that would have extremely tight margins and I'm exploring all avenues to keep costs low.

Canon politely refused to give us any sort of discount if we buy multiple sets of ink at once....so that's a dead end.

I'd consider switching over the CMYK Engineering's aftermarket ink but probably wouldn't be wise to do so in a rush in hopes of getting a large contract.
It's all about the Rfid chip, the 318gl won't accept the bigger ones.