• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Can you use downloadable fonts?

abadsvt

I was curious if you can use all those free downloadable fonts with either photoshop or corel? If so how do you install them? Any advice would be much appreciated!

Thanks
Josh

Mosh

Most I have downloaded are true type. Download them, then most of the time you have to "unzip" and install into your fonts via control panel.

DGDesigns

Shouldn't be a problem. If they're older True Type fonts (TT) make sure you download the proper version ( pc or Mac ). Download them to you desktop then click and drag the font file into your fonts folder. Some files come with a README file and a pickpage...just load the font. Be aware that there is sometimes a difference between free fonts and those found on real font sites like Letterheadfonts.com. When you try to manipulate the fonts in your program they may not always react the way you want them to...they're just not as refined as the higher quality ones you buy. But overall, I have a lot of each on my computer and have good results.