• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Canadian, Quebecers looking for info .. Substrate supplier Latex ink

gh0stid

Hello everyone !

kind salutation from quebec city ( im french ... yeah I know im not scoring much point here.. but it might explain the error in my sentence and other mistype )

anyway !

Im a proud owner of a HP Latex 360 Wide format printer and looking for media supplier and tips.

Like, What would you use instead of 3M ijcv80 vinyl ( that has the same quality just less marketing ;) so .. less expensive )
Do you guys know Ritrama product ? inexpensive roll, but seem hard to find at a good price. under the 200$ CAD mark

I'm looking for Banners , Self Adhesive Vinyl, Car Wrap, Wall Graphics, Cling etc... anything that my printer can run and could open me door in the market...

All at the best price possible delivered to my door here in quebec city... so .. nothing from US supplier according to the exchange rate.. its almost suicide... + duty fee..

The more suggestion I have the more I can offer. . . im new in the market. and for new. except bill , I dont get much solicitation haha ...
Sad story but I was in a partnership with a carwrap shop... unfortunately it didnt work, so now im left with the bill but no jobs... trying to expand my range of offer. reduce my cost. make more profit and have fun ....

Do not suggest me Ernest Green & Son, they are my current supplier. and well .. ill spare the detail, but for a company that big... I just dont understand how they can survive with such a bad customer service and delivery system...

3days to get a list of product
4days and more to get a Quote?
delivery to wrong addres ?
no verification of who order in your name ?

really ... its a shame..

Thank you !

bigben

I'm in montreal and I'm a frenchy too. I also own a latex printer. I will be able to help, but I don't know much about the distributor in quebec city.

Envoie moi un message privé si tu veux.

gh0stid

Grimco is also a HP dealer, but I have no experience with them

thank you, ive proceed to contact em

unfortunately .. they are really expensive. and product line are limited.

only stock avery 3m and oracal . and the ink cartridge are something like ~60$ overprice BEFORE taxes.

Local and Online canadian suppliers

Find the following most of them might have a location near you:
- Sabic Polymershapes
- Unisource/Veritiv (carry latex equipments as well)
- ND Graphics

While Below are suppliers that can ship to you (if you are comfortable in transacting on-line):
- WJT Sign Supply
- BDF Graphics
- Express Sign Products

Took me sometime to find all of them but each of the suppliers would have their pros and cons. Go for the supplier that would offer you best product support (if the cost difference is not huge i always go with the ones that i can shoot odd questions and get an advise).

gh0stid

Thanks for the list.

for those interested... heres a small roundup of what ive found so far.

NdGraphics,
Mediatech,
Ernest Green & Son ( worst company , ever )
Cansel
AllGraphicSupplies
Stahls Canada
GraphicMart
SignSupplyCanada

that pretty much sums it...

Alternative to 3m paper : Oracal
alternative to Ritrama : orajet

thank you for those who replied.
feel free to add more.

player

I will give you the English names... TG Graphics in Montreal.

Have you tried Federal Transformer? I am not sure if they sell much vinyl, but they have a ton of materials.