• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Cannon Colorado 1650 thick media

Mark1979

Hi

We are currently running the Cannon Colorado 1650 and are looking to print on a pop up media in the range of 400/500 micron. Is anyone using a material that thick with this printer? Any tips for the suction on the bed and tension bar or not would be greatly appreciated.

Tbh the 2 days of the install of the printer/software which included training, fifteen and a half hours was the install, I got thirty minutes training. I can clone existing profiles for standard new medias, but trying to set up a profile on a semi rigid material scares the life out of me in fear of a head crash.

Any help would be great.

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
Interesting, canon installed ours in 2 days, and an additional 2 days of training.

Anyway, you should check - https://graphiplaza.cpp.canon/
if the stock you're using is there or something similar.

When creating a profile for the colorado, it has presets you choose from for setting up the colorado settings. different presets will set up the platten vacuum differently and if it needs tension etc.

Mark1979

Interesting, canon installed ours in 2 days, and an additional 2 days of training.

Anyway, you should check - https://graphiplaza.cpp.canon/
if the stock you're using is there or something similar.

When creating a profile for the colorado, it has presets you choose from for setting up the colorado settings. different presets will set up the platten vacuum differently and if it needs tension etc.
Cheers will check them out.

GC Decor

Super Printer
Are you running Onyx ?? They have a Download Manager that has presets for tons of materials and Manufactures.
Suction on the bed can be changed in the setting - Really depends on the material - Check to see if there is a similar preset with other brands.

victor bogdanov

I print a 17mil (about 450 micron) stiff canvas type wallcovering on the Colorado, asked the material manufacturer for the profile and they had one. Recommend to use the locked tension bar, locked tension bar will prevent the stiff material from lifting and causing a lamp strike when it makes its way to the winder.

I also had a 2 day install and 2 day training as others have stated, maybe your trainer is still coming? the install techs aren't the ones that do training