• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cannot cut from Signlab 4.95 to Anagraph Plotter

ps88

We recently purchased an Anagraph Express 75E ver. 1.2. We already have an Anagraph Express ver. 1.5. We can't seem to get this one working. When we first got it, we hooked it up to the cable from our existing plotter and it seemed to work ok.

After connecting this plotter to another computer, and making some adjustments via the control panel, we cannot seem to get this working from this other computer where we used to have a roland camm1 hooked up. And, now, cannot get it to work from the computer we originally tried it with. We have tried different cables as well.

When I go to cut something, it looks like it's going to the plotter, but nothing happens.

Also, and I don't think this has anything to do with this, but I do not have the initialize box (knife or pen). I had it before, but now it's gone. When we had the box, we checked it and nothing happened with that either.

The driver info on our other Anagraph is dated 1997, while the latest one is dated 1996...even though we have used the same disk to install the driver. We tried manually changing the info in the configuration, but it didn't work.

Any ideas as to what we need to do to get this operating?

ps88

UPDATE:

When I try to get page size, error code now reads:

Error sending data to plotter: 40
Check connection.

If I try to cut, I get: DSR Timeout - check connection.

I checked the connection.

Also, if I check spool, I get an error: Unable to load spooler.exe.

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
Double check to make sure that your communication port settings didn't change somehow (com1 or com 2).

JB

ps88

So, I took the cable from our other Anagraph and connected it to the more recent one AND to the computer we are trying to run it from. It seems to have worked! The cable that came with the one we just bought, does not seem to work, and the cable we had to our Roland does not work. (I keep getting a DSR Timeout message.)

Now, is this cable standard? Where can I get one?

ps88

UPDATE...

Someone suggested I change the flow control to Xon/Xoff...it works!!

However, I cannot get it to spool. When I check the spool box and then try to cut, I get "Unable to load spooler.exe". Anyway to fix that?

Techman

You need the correct null modem serial cable..

It is called a null modem serial cable. That is the one that will work. All others fail..