• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cannot open port

copythat

Runing flexi on a different computer. Prints were coming out as though it was missing a color. Not it's saying cannot open port. Anyone know a quick fix. Support is out for the day. Having orders penidng.

TIA

Signs up!

scallahan

Have you tried turning off the printer and the letting it reboot? Sometimes I have also had to reboot the computer.

CS-SignSupply

Set up the printer in Windows and when prompted for Port, Create Port. Choose Standard TCP/IP Port and then supply the IP address of the printer. Within Flexi, change setup and set Port to 'IP_xxxx.xxx.xxx.xxx.' (whatever IP you assigned in the printer port setup.

Send a test print. Usually works with Windows XP.

If this does not work, you need to check to see if NWLink IPS/SPX/NetBIOS is installed as a protocol in your Network Settings.

Hope this helps.
If this does not work,

Steph_Stamm

It sounds like your router might be going nuts. First try to ping the printer, and if that doesn't work, try connecting the printer directly into the computer.

Also, Ciber's suggestion is good!

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Runing flexi on a different computer. Prints were coming out as though it was missing a color. Not it's saying cannot open port. Anyone know a quick fix. Support is out for the day. Having orders penidng.

This can be stubborn. Turn off your computer, as in power off, not merely a restart. Turn off your printer. Physically unplug the Ethernet cable from the printer.

Take a break for a minute.

Plug in the Ethernet cable, turn on your computer. When it's all booted up and grand, turn on your printer.

This generally clears up the most obstinate of unable to open port problems. If it doesn't do the trick, you might have actual problems.