• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Canon Arizona 135GT

Peeintothewind

Not much on this model yet online but machine is about 5 months old. Recently having a banding issue but it's not traditional banding with a white'ish line and almost a faded ink. Im getting a thick section followed by a normal section. Reminds me of a fresh cut lawn. I was running Denisity-Layered on two jobs prior to the job I'm experience this banding effect. I'm wondering if printing in that setting could be the issue.

Peeintothewind

It's on Quality-layered. I'm doing 3 passes. 1. cmyk/w/w 2. k 3. w/w/cmyk It appears to be fixed, i just adjusted the carriage height after the 2nd pass. There was a .004in. difference from start to finished product.

JoeJG380

Not much on this model yet online but machine is about 5 months old. Recently having a banding issue but it's not traditional banding with a white'ish line and almost a faded ink. Im getting a thick section followed by a normal section. Reminds me of a fresh cut lawn. I was running Denisity-Layered on two jobs prior to the job I'm experience this banding effect. I'm wondering if printing in that setting could be the issue.
There are primarily two reasons for this. First and most important is the ink. Try to use high quality ink. Also try to change the tips. Second, always use a perfect media for your printing. You should have tested the screen prior to the printing. If you have tried all the above steps and still getting the issue, you should probably replace the machine.

Mike Brice

We bought a 1350 about 2 months ago. We were also having banding issues. Retailer suggested lowering the carriage about .001/.002 less than the measured thickness. Also, suggested turing off bi-directional printing especially when printing with white or varnish. For the most part this has been effective but we still see slightly visible streaks in the white ink layer. Not so much banding as miniscule raised streaks. All in all, I really wish we had just gotten the Epson.

White Haus

Not a Newbie
There are primarily two reasons for this. First and most important is the ink. Try to use high quality ink. Also try to change the tips. Second, always use a perfect media for your printing. You should have tested the screen prior to the printing. If you have tried all the above steps and still getting the issue, you should probably replace the machine.
Ya okay...

Peeintothewind

So here are some pictures of the banding. I use canon Ink IJC357. When I run on production the banding spreads apart and actually looks a little better. For some reason this picture makes the banding issue to be not so bad. It looks worse in person.

Production.
IMG_0851.jpg

This is the actual cyan color that we're trying to print. This is Quality.
IMG_0852.jpg

This is the same sample as the top picture but in Quality instead of Production.
IMG_0853.jpg

ToTo

Professional Support
For sure u have nozzle out on cyan.
And an issue with surface tension or statics.
Wipe surface with IPA and switch ionizer on.
What kind of substrate?
Depending on color you should try to print unidirectional cause magenta on cyan has a different result then cyan on magenta.

Peeintothewind

Thanks ToTo, to get the job done I actually ran it in matte, that took care of the banding but took a lot longer to run. You are right there is one small line thats out on the cyan head but its only on one so the tech said its still too good to replace it with a new head. It was like that way when we bought it and its been 2 years and hasnt gotten any worse. The tech gave us a new ink head for it thats still sitting here waiting to go in once we need one. Ill try those other things you mentioned though next time I have an issue like this. FYI, the substrate was .040 styrene.