• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Canon Arizona 1380gt Static and Humidity Issues

Andy Mars

I've been having a static issue this winter even with a humidifier running at 45-50% with room temp @ 73 degrees..

I have a buddy that has the same printer and he has the same issues as well.

We both have the static bar option as well.

Attachments

• 64131157724__C6229748-D98F-4F07-A323-5D533DEEC7C3.jpg
    64131157724__C6229748-D98F-4F07-A323-5D533DEEC7C3.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 149
Are you using anything else for static? I use a static reducer called staticide, it works reasonably well. Also, how close to the material are you printing? Just to make sure it isn't shadowing or anything like that. What material are you using? We keep our entire shop at around 30-50% humidity.

louie

I've been having a static issue this winter even with a humidifier running at 45-50% with room temp @ 73 degrees..

I have a buddy that has the same printer and he has the same issues as well.

We both have the static bar option as well.

Are you sure if the static bar is working? There are cases that the power supply of the bar is switched off. You can test it with a non contact voltage tester.

White Haus

Not a Newbie
Are you sure if the static bar is working? There are cases that the power supply of the bar is switched off. You can test it with a non contact voltage tester.

You can also kind of feel it underneath and feel when it's working, you almost get a little shock when you touch it.

We've definitely had issues with static on our Arizona but never really to the point where it was ghosting/overspraying ink. More just that it picks up dust on the heads then starts dripping on sheets.
We keep our shop as close to 50% as we can, but don't have issues like that. We do however just have a baby Arizona (318gl) so maybe the faster printing speeds on yours can lead to more overspray/static.

Is that a PVC that you're printing on? Perhaps try wiping down with some kind of anti-static wipe or spray first?

Mt. Doggy

I suspect the static bar is not turned on. The install tech for ours did not activate ours and the next service tech that came through checked it and said the previous tech almost always forgets to activate it (somewhere in the service mode after it is attached as it doesn't come standard) Our humidity rarely gets over 30% and gets as low as 17% and our prints looked like that before it was activated. They never look like that now even at the super low humidity. Only other thing i can think is the head height being too high but no ghosting so i do'nt think so.