• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Canon Colorado 1650 Ink Errors

TonyDia

Is anyone else getting relatively constant ink errors on their machines? Probably once or twice a month, we get a 250001 error which we are being told is air in the lines. We've figured it happens most often after a canister of ink is loaded. It requires a tech to come out and pull ink through the line as it's an error we cannot fix. It's pretty annoying but the tech is telling us it's a common issue on these machines. I'm looking to see how true that is.

FWIW, we do restart it, and it does go away sometimes, but typically not.

MarkSnelling

Mark Snelling - Hasco Graphics
I left you a voice message. The issue is that these ink tubes are under pressure and over time the tubes become oblong and the ink doesn't flow easily. The resolution is to change the tubes of which you need 8 but the smart move is to get 9 brought in just in case. It is hard/impossible to know if it is just one tube or multiple...that's why you replace them all. This should be a warranty call. Part number is 1070088929. My tech is outstanding and knows more about the Colorados than most of the break-fix Canon guys do. email me if you have any further questions as I'm happy to help.

TonyDia

Mark,

Thanks a ton for the phone call and great info! We've had both printers for just under a year, and this problem has been happening since about 2-3 weeks after the initial install. It wasn't frequent then, but it seems to be happening more often in recent months. I'm going to pass this info along and see if this is something that Canon is willing to help us resolve.

MarkSnelling

Mark Snelling - Hasco Graphics
Mark,

Thanks a ton for the phone call and great info! We've had both printers for just under a year, and this problem has been happening since about 2-3 weeks after the initial install. It wasn't frequent then, but it seems to be happening more often in recent months. I'm going to pass this info along and see if this is something that Canon is willing to help us resolve.
You might do better leaning on Lexjet to get it done than with Canon service on your own. That's the whole point of buying from a distributor like me....you should be all over your Lexjet rep to get this resolved and they have avenues and people to utilize in order to help you out.

Christian @ 2CT Media

I left you a voice message. The issue is that these ink tubes are under pressure and over time the tubes become oblong and the ink doesn't flow easily. The resolution is to change the tubes of which you need 8 but the smart move is to get 9 brought in just in case. It is hard/impossible to know if it is just one tube or multiple...that's why you replace them all. This should be a warranty call. Part number is 1070088929. My tech is outstanding and knows more about the Colorados than most of the break-fix Canon guys do. email me if you have any further questions as I'm happy to help.
This is exactly what I was talking about.

The Ink Tube set is how the "pump" actually works. The Ink tubes are compressed via roller drums that create a pumping action, and over time those tubes deform and no longer can pump effectively giving you the pump error. We have had to replace them on our machine twice, it's frustrating because Canon doesn't even tell you about these upfront and they only have a service life of about 50L each.

TonyDia

You might do better leaning on Lexjet to get it done than with Canon service on your own. That's the whole point of buying from a distributor like me....you should be all over your Lexjet rep to get this resolved and they have avenues and people to utilize in order to help you out.

I did speak with LexJet after getting your message. They are moving things along and I'm hoping to have some resolution soon.