• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Canon Colorado 1650 Print heads and usage

jasonx

How many people have replaced print heads and what usage are you getting out of your heads?

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing
We've replaced just about all of them within the first year. It was likely our fault, we learned. Just a poor start with service and training.

Got it in January, took a few months to get it really running, ruined the printheads in September, took a couple of months to get them replaced. Now we have all new printheads and have run 30,000sqft without issue in the last 2 months. Yay!

I've heard other people having pretty good luck with the Colorado, so I assume it's mostly how we operate and who we're working with (reseller) that has caused our troubles. No so much the hardware itself.

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
We've replaced just about all of them within the first year. It was likely our fault, we learned. Just a poor start with service and training.

Got it in January, took a few months to get it really running, ruined the printheads in September, took a couple of months to get them replaced. Now we have all new printheads and have run 30,000sqft without issue in the last 2 months. Yay!

I've heard other people having pretty good luck with the Colorado, so I assume it's mostly how we operate and who we're working with (reseller) that has caused our troubles. No so much the hardware itself.
Im curious to how the print heads got damaged?

balstestrat

Problem Solver

I on the other hand am curious what is your total sqft usage on it? Just wondering how well utilized you have the capacity on it.

Christian @ 2CT Media

We are at 390,000sqft since Dec 2019... No print head changes yet. We bought it for 1 specific client and project but it has become our go to machine.

victor bogdanov

I've had my 1650 for a month now, so far 30k sqft printed. Canon is hinting that the print head life is around 250k sq/ft but don't have a definite answer.

I'm using 2x as much yellow as any other color so I'm sure those heads will go first

I'm still trying to decide on a service plan and guage my print volume. It seems that on higher volumes the most expensive service plan is a good option due to the reduced head cost but there doesn't seem to be a solid estimate of head life

I think at print qualities that are sellable the heads have a lot of "reserve" for turning off bad nozzles.

Good to hear that Christian is almost at 400k, makes service plan decision harder lol

jasonx

We've done 505903sqft - 47000sqm since Feb 2021.

The warranty is for 20,000sqm not for each head but for the whole machine. So after 20,000sqm - 215,000sqft the heads aren't covered under warranty anymore.

It's looking like I'm due to replace one of the magenta heads.

victor bogdanov

We've done 505903sqft - 47000sqm since Feb 2021.

The warranty is for 20,000sqm not for each head but for the whole machine. So after 20,000sqm - 215,000sqft the heads aren't covered under warranty anymore.

It's looking like I'm due to replace one of the magenta heads.
What country are you in? in USA we get no warranty on heads at all. I did some digging on Canon's website and looks like USA and a couple other countries do not get any warranty on the heads but the rest of the world does

victor bogdanov

Canon say 1 heard per year / 20,000sqm. not all 8 heads.
You are lucky in Australia you get head warranty. Not in USA, I guess we can pay up, 0 head warranty for USA

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    103.4 KB · Views: 146

jasonx

I think the printer is around 90-95k. The service plan cost is not 100% on. But it doesn't cover the heads after 20,000sqm of usage.