• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Canon Colorado M Series.

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
We got to be the first in the worlds to see the new Coloado M series in action (apart from the guys at canon). Really neat show they put on.

Looks like it's the replacement of the 1630 1640 & 1650.

Called the:
M3 (1630)
M3W
M5 (1650)
M5W

4 heads. 5 heads with white.
The new single heads are as fast as the dual heads on the 1650.

It's basically 1 machine. M stands for modular. you by the config you want. E.g you can get the entry M3 then upgrade it to the M5W when ever you need.

The white is the best ive seen. Better than HP 800w and any other wide format with white.
i forget the speed, something like 30sqm hour with white ink. 24sqm/h with CMYKW.

White Haus

Not a Newbie
Well this is exciting! I didn't realize this would be replacing the 16xx line. I'll have to reach out to our sales guy and see what they're looking at for price and delivery times in Canada............since we usually end up shafted on new exciting toys. I like the idea of the option to add white down the line, I'm not sure if I would just go with white right off the hop.

I checked out the brochure and saw some stuff about Prisma guide XL - I'm curious about this. I wonder if they're trying to integrate some automation into their offerings?

MarkSnelling

Mark Snelling - Hasco Graphics
The machine is OUTSTANDING. Here is a marketing hype video:
Everything is an option...you can start with a slow machine which only prints in glossy mode and then upgrade all the way up to the fastest speeds, Flex Finish, and white. It will allow people to enter at a lower price point and as production demands grow, you have a printer which will grow with your needs. The white is incredible and faster than what most people are printing with a Vutek. 2 layer with white is about 108sf/hour. I'd be happy to share any of the details of this new unit...just hit me up. We can place units anywhere in the United States.

victor bogdanov

The machine is OUTSTANDING. Here is a marketing hype video:
Everything is an option...you can start with a slow machine which only prints in glossy mode and then upgrade all the way up to the fastest speeds, Flex Finish, and white. It will allow people to enter at a lower price point and as production demands grow, you have a printer which will grow with your needs. The white is incredible and faster than what most people are printing with a Vutek. 2 layer with white is about 108sf/hour. I'd be happy to share any of the details of this new unit...just hit me up. We can place units anywhere in the United States.
I have 3 years left on my 1650, I bet in 3 years will have even more new feature when my upgrade time comes. Can't wait

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
Yeah, most machines are "automated" the question is how well does it work to prevent clogs and head damage?

They said it's been in development for 5 years. The white UVgel is the same as the CMYK, so they dont break up / separate like traditional UV inks.

Honestly, the white ink of the colorado is in a different league. It's super bright. and it's real dense.
I can't see HP being any competition.

The M3 should be priced like a HP or similar. so people have a better choice.
unlike the HP, if you grow out of the M3 and want the M3W or the M5 / M5W. you just pay for the addons. Which is a lot cheaper than going from a 700w to a 800w etc.

Christian @ 2CT Media

Nice, we have already signed intent for a M5W. We love our 1650s and now with some process and software changes it's even better.

I look forward to the White ink

vapor103

What is the Picoliter size? Are they coming close to clarity of eco solvent or still in the ballpark of latex clarity?

RabidOne

I expect this white to be really good. Buddy of mine works for Canon in the Netherlands.
Apparently he has been on this project for a year and a half.

soggywinter

Anyone know the MSRP on these?

The 1650 is about $70,000 USD and the 1630 $40,000 to $50,000 depending on add-ons. Maintenance plans are an additional cost. I'd guess the M series are similar priced since the M changes are incremental, but the white ink capability is a low 5 figure add-on. I'll be asking at ISA!