• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Canon Colorado Supply Delays?

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing
Anyone else having trouble getting supplies from Canon? We've been waiting 2 weeks or more for much of what we need for our Canon Colorado 1650. I keep asking why the delay, and can't get a straight answer.

UVGel Ink, Cleaning Sponges, anything takes for ever!

What's worse is that it just shows up without any notice. No tracking or updates, then a couple of weeks later, here it is. I can't seem to get tracking numbers for anything.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Everyone is having trouble although it seems to be getting slightly better. There is some sort of shortage of material to make cast vinyl so 3M is struggling to stock all of it's top products. Same with FDC and their cast films. I've got customers waiting on UV ink from Mimaki and PCB boards from Mutoh. I've had customers throw their printers into the junk yard and buy new because they had to wait so long for a main board. As you may know, there is a general chip shortage happening which is probably the reason for that. I've heard Epson is having issues shipping ink which is crazy. I'm sure there's a bigger political/economic reason for this but I'm not your guy for that!

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
Next day for us (australia) no issues at all. We buy in advance though. like 16-20L a month with plenty of time for delays.

parrott

Digitech had some delays earlier in the year on their white but seems to be resolved. Just had 250 liters of ink delivered yesterday so they seem to be in good shape.

FireSprint.com

Kind of, we are buying thru distro, but our stuff comes from Canon. The delays are definitely with Canon. I know this because Canon tells me the delays are their fault, they just can't seem to get it fixed.

zspace

Premium Subscriber
We haven’t had any issues ordering direct. We are under a service contract so there may be a difference in priority.

White Haus

Not a Newbie
Kind of, we are buying thru distro, but our stuff comes from Canon. The delays are definitely with Canon. I know this because Canon tells me the delays are their fault, they just can't seem to get it fixed.

Do you have to go through your distributor? When we bought our Arizona (directly from Canon) we tried going through dealers for ink/suppliers etc. (Can't remember why now) and eventually cut them out because it just didn't work. They couldn't stock enough ink for us and when they did they would often send old stale ink. So many late night phonecalls to our rep begging to have ink air shipped the next day in the middle of big jobs. We've been buying direct ever since and we get fresh ink delivered within 1-2 days no matter what.

I know that doesn't help for right now if Canon is the issue, but if you dealt with them directly in the future you would probably get faster service.

FireSprint.com

So we do buy through our distributor (Einstein Graphics), but the supply delays are coming from Canon themselves. We speak directly to the Canon channel sales manager.

Our stuff just doesn't leave their warehouse.

Our current issue is that we have been waiting for matrix cleaning foam since the end of April. They sent used used/dirty ones to us somehow, and we're still waiting on replacements.

They are just terrible. By far the WORST supply provider I have worked with in my 14 years in this business. Just ship the damn box! You guys know we don't speak poorly about vendors on here, but this is terribly frustrating. I would rethink buying anything from Canon until they get their issues figured out.

iPrintStuff

Prints stuff
We’re in the UK and get everything next day.

have had a couple issues recently with them not looking at page 2 of an order but we’ll just boil that down to human error and not a supply issue lol