• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

can't allign text inside of eclipse

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
I'm not sure how one would go about 'allining' text to 'the' 'eclipse' or anything else for that matter, but to align text to the bottom inside of an ellipse...

Create the text and the ellipse in any order.

Select the text, Text->Fit Text To Path and select the ellipse. The text will be outside and on top of the ellipse.

Select both the text and the ellipse. When both are selected you should see some interesting drop downs and other paraphernalia on the property bar.

Select the text hanging upside down from the Text Placement drop down list on the property bar.

Activate the Place On Other Side button on the property bar.

That's how it's done in Corel 9, 12 won't be much different, if there's any difference at all.

Forgive the spelling and grammar pedantry, but it seems of late that the majority of those swimming in these waters often appear as semi-literate oafs. I often wonder how they manage in a trade so intensely dealing with the printed word. Everyone makes typos, the laws of perversity dictate that there will be at least one egregious typo in this response. But the errors constantly seen are not typos, they're usage of entirely the wrong word. Moreover, the painful gramatical perturbations are not typos at all.