• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cant copy text or objects from Inkscape to Illustrator?

No Lemon

I have been running Inkscape 0.91 for couple years and just downloaded version 1.0 and now I cant copy anything (text, object, image)from Inkscape 1.0 and paste it in Illustrator. If I use version .091 it still works perfect.

I usually do most of my design work in Inkscape then use illustrator for my perfcut lines, gradients and a few other things.

Any Ideas? Anyone using version 1.0?

WildWestDesigns

I have been running Inkscape 0.91 for couple years and just downloaded version 1.0 and now I cant copy anything (text, object, image)from Inkscape 1.0 and paste it in Illustrator. If I use version .091 it still works perfect.

I usually do most of my design work in Inkscape then use illustrator for my perfcut lines, gradients and a few other things.

Any Ideas? Anyone using version 1.0?

You can do both perfcut and gradients in Inkscape, now depending on what you mean by "and a few other things", may or may not be able to do that.

As far as 1.0 versus .91, there have been some breaking changes that would still need to be ironed out. I know Python 2 to Python 3 was one of them, my plugins that have stubs of Python 2 (even though the rest of it is Python 3) don't work. So I would imagine that there would be a similar situation as well. Some breaking change like that going on with copying various objects from one program to another.

What version of Ai are you using? I could test it against CS6, but anything newer then that, wouldn't be able to help you specifically.

WildWestDesigns

I think I read Inkscape cant do perfcut for Roland VersaWorks?

The key thing is the naming of the spot color and making sure that naming makes it over to Versaworks. If I am not mistaken the actual color can be anything that you want it to be as long as it's distinguishable from the rest of the design. Going to need to look at editing the XML portion in order to make sure the naming holds and is passed into VersaWorks. Even though you can have the palette with the correct name, those RGB values are actually converted to HEX colors (SVGs is a web graphic standard), so not everything passes through as default the same.

Inkscape as a GUI XML editor that makes editing the XML code a breeze. Not any different then using any standard spin or textLine box.

Illustrator CC

Yea, I wouldn't be able to give you an accurate testing if I were to try from 1.0 to Ai as I stopped at CS6.