• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Can't get colors to match - Using Flexi 8.1v1, Mutoh ValuJet and Roland VS-540

S4LDesigner

Hi everyone,

We've been running the Mutoh's through FlexiSign Pro for years. While each ValueJet prints color slightly differently (even when using the same profiles), they handle color pretty consistently.

We have recently added a Roland and would prefer to continue printing and cutting everything through Flexi/Production Manager, rather than having to set up some jobs for Flexi and Some for VersaWorks. It's a time management/workflow issue.

My problem: the colors just don't match. Not even close. Example: Customer X's logo has been printing in the same blues and reds for 6 years on the ValueJets. If I try to reprint an existing file on the Roland, I can tweak the blues to be close by adjusting the Ink Limits and the Output Channels, but then the red is a horrific brown. I could change the CMYK composition of the red in the FS file, but then I'd have to change it back to print on the Valuejet. Not an optimal solution.

I cannot locate Roland ICC profiles for Flexi. I have tried to adjust the Ink Limits and the Output Channels on the Roland in Production Manager to no avail. If I get one color perfect, another goes awry.
We need all of the printers to be interchangeable for any new job or reprint. We just don't have time to do color tests and adjustments every time we switch printers.

Has anyone run into this problem? If so, how did you fix it?
We love Flexi, but is there another Design & RIP program out there that could better synchronize these printers from different manufacturers?

Desperately seeking solutions, and appreciate any suggestions.

Thank you.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Anytime you are using boxed profiles, and different models and brands of machines, you will never get colors to match naturally without either making profiles yourself or having them professionally profiled for you. Even though the machines use similar heads, they use different inks, dot patters, motor speeds etc. All of this can have an effect on how color is produced. Profiling with a spectrophotometer is the only way to align all of these factors between machines.

Correct Color

The quickest, best and ultimately most inexpensive solution to your problem is to get Certified Correct Color.

Once done, you'll be able to use your Roland and all your Mutohs virtually interchangeably. And while Flexi isn't personally my favorite RIP, it's certainly up to the job. There's no need to change RIP's unless you want to.

mmblarg

I'd be interested in finding out what works for you! We have two Rolands and one Mutoh - the Rolands are just a touch off from each other but night and day to the Mutoh. We have it set up where there are two swatch books, two color swatch tables in Flexi, and two very different color profiles. We make note of which printer was used in the art files to keep colors consistent. To be honest, we've been set up this way for years - it'll be interesting to see if there is a better solution.

MrsHuotte

Hello Everyone.

I have a Mutoh Printer 1618A and using the Flexi RIP.
I am very new to these printers, I am trying to print on reflective (for hard hat stickers) the colors are horrible. The color test run is horrible as well. Is there anyone who knows what settings I need to have. Maybe someone in my area that can come to my shop and could teach me how to run this machine
Any help would be very much appreciated

Thanks Brooke