• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

cant open com port 1?

dhamlett15

Everything was working fine until today the power went out and my battery back up shut the computer down. Now after restarting I can cut with sign tools 3 in corel but flexi doesnt work and my ioline control center says can not open com port 1. All of the testing I can do so far it seams that sign tools has my com port stuck open or something.

Any Ideas?

mondo

Everything was working fine until today the power went out and my battery back up shut the computer down. Now after restarting I can cut with sign tools 3 in corel but flexi doesnt work and my ioline control center says can not open com port 1. All of the testing I can do so far it seams that sign tools has my com port stuck open or something.

Any Ideas?

your trying to cut something? Is the cutter shared or plugged in a router or printserver? Try unpluging the parallel cable or printer cable and plug it again then try another port like com2. then add setup on the production manager using com2 or com3 or if not go back to com1. If this doesnt work add a printer on control panel and install the driver. then go back to production manager and add set up. Hope this help

dhamlett15

I do not have another com port to try it works fine with sign tools just not flexi and what makes me think sign tools has to port held open is that I can not access this port with my ioline control center and when I use my test module from ioline it will not find it on the port either. Also windows says that com port 1 is running ok with no issues

mtmdesigns

have u tried "lpt 1".. ive had the same problem many times, sometimes u just need to relax and step back for a few minutes then go back at it..