• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Can't Preview Flexi Files in Windows Explorer After Upgrading to Flexi 12

CoorsLight678

After I upgraded to Flexi 12, I can't see any previews of my past files in Windows Explorer. I have thousands of signs saved, and regularly search through them with Windows Explorer. For example, if I'm making a motorcycle sign, I search "biker" or "motorcycle" in windows explorer so I can quickly check out past designs that I might want to use. From the little help I've found searching the internet for a solution, most people are saying install the old software. I still have the Flexi 10 from before, but I'm afraid it's going to mess with my newly installed Flexi 12 (in particular, the new key I'm using). Does anyone know of a solution for this? Can I reinstall Flexi 10 without messing with my Flexi 12?

WildWestDesigns

Could file associated have been re-arranged?

There seem to have been an update in Windows that affect 7, 8 and 10 where people couldn't preview thumbnails in explorer as they were associated with another program. Ironically, not one that could view it.

I know that happened with some Wilcom users.

Just something that I thought I would throw out there.

Have you opened any of the old files with 12 and then re-saved them? Maybe that will restore your previews. Kind of a pain, but that's what I had to do if I wanted to preview flexi 5-6-7 files in flexi 8. I could preview the files inside flexi in the Open Files dialogue box, but not in a browser like you wanted until I re-saved them.

CoorsLight678

Found Solution

So I ended up just calling tech support at the dealer I got the software from. They reinstalled Flexi 12 and that fixed the problem. I appreciate everyone's insight though, thank you.