• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Canvas printing too light

Designsquid

Hey everyone!
Chris here,

We are running a mimaki cjv 150-75 , and I'm trying to broaden our services and do some canvas printing.
Our images seem to be coming out a bit light, I have been trying to use a canvas profile in rasterlink 6, but the images don't seem to be as saturated as I would like. Also using a cheaper (I think) roll of canvas, I'm not sure of the brand.

Any suggestions?

Attachments

• PXL_20221220_012310062.jpg
    PXL_20221220_012310062.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 963

Designsquid

I would bet that canvas is not properly coated for solvent inkjet use.
Hey Greg! Do you think this could be my issue? I got a cheap roll off Amazon (that was probably not the right solution) , it was advertised for digital printing but I haven't had alot of luck so far...

Hey Greg! Do you think this could be my issue? I got a cheap roll off Amazon (that was probably not the right solution) , it was advertised for digital printing but I haven't had alot of luck so far...
There are three types of canvas that can potentially be printed on a digital printer:

1) Aqueous coated canvas
2) Solvent coated canvas
3) Uncoated (raw) canvas

Of these, only the solvent coated medias will yield acceptable results with solvent ink.

Some UV, and Latex inks can successfully print to all three types of canvas.

Designsquid

There are three types of canvas that can potentially be printed on a digital printer:

1) Aqueous coated canvas
2) Solvent coated canvas
3) Uncoated (raw) canvas

Of these, only the solvent coated medias will yield acceptable results with solvent ink.

Some UV, and Latex inks can successfully print to all three types of canvas.
I am definately going to try this out from a local supplier, hopefully I can get a better quality print from it! Thank you

ChicagoGraphics

Fisher textiles has some really nice canvas for solvent printers, they will send you free 5 yard sample rolls to try out of whatever size printer you're using, im not sure if they are still free might have to pay for the shipping but not 100% sure

Designsquid

We are near Toronto, I'm gonna have to find somewhere close. Unfortunately my main supplier doesn't sell textiles or photo papers :(

Broome Signs

HI

we had the same problem

in the rip go to colour management and set it to max density US

good luck

you may also need to slow the print speed down to give the ink a chance to dry

Kemik

I sell stickers and sticker accessories.
We are near Toronto, I'm gonna have to find somewhere close. Unfortunately my main supplier doesn't sell textiles or photo papers :(
For Toronto, try Spicers, ND Graphics, TCT Graphic Products, Multi Color Canada, Grimco, etc.