• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Canvas size in Illustrator

blueben

Does anyone know if you can increase the canvas size in illustrator to a larger size than the 227 inches. I have a banner I need to design that is 20' tall by 30' tall. I was going to do it at half scale, but according to the vendor I use for printing, they need it to be actual size. Not sure if I can.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

blueben

I have sent them an email asking if they will use 1/2 scale work. According to their artwork requirements, it has to be done at full scale. For most things, I can understand, for this size, I think half scale would be just fine.

Every large-format RIP in use today is able to scale proportionally, and many non-proportionally. While most PSPs would prefer to not have to do anything to files, in this case, there is no alternative to scaling in the RIP if you are using Illustrator as a design environment.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Well if they don't want to deal with scale open the illy file in Photoshop and give them a flattened psd at full size.
It will be pretty large if it can't fit within 227"

wayne k
guam usa

Christian @ 2CT Media

In the New version of CC you can save it as a flattened file to any scale you want. Your other option is to save your file at half size, open in photoshop and scale to Full size.

IS the Vendor Local? ive worked with almost everyone in the Valley and can point you in the right direction if you need help

blueben

They just called me and yes I can send in 1/2 scale. Just make sure I note the order when sending it in. The Vendor is one of the Merchants on here and they have gone over and beyond with projects in the past with me. I just couldn't reach anyone there first, That is why I asked on here.

Thanks again for the input.

Sidney

I agree with everyone else...

I agree with everyone else...change vendors. It is obvious they don't know what they are doing as far as scaling outputs. I would be concerned if they know how to output colors correctly also.