• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Cap station adjustment info on a VS-300 help

sidcon

Hello and good day all, we been having issues with our little VS-300 and going thru cap tops every month or 2. When we purchased this one used there was so much ink caked on the cap station mechanism we had to take it all apart to clean it properly. Its possible we didn't adjust it correctly when reinstalling. Does anyone know any specs on proper adjustment as height to the head before capping. Also during cleaning ink is puddling under the station and probably why it had ink caked a half inch thick when we frost got it. I looked in the service manual but didn't see any info on it. Thank you for any info

woolly

Hello and good day all, we been having issues with our little VS-300 and going thru cap tops every month or 2. When we purchased this one used there was so much ink caked on the cap station mechanism we had to take it all apart to clean it properly. Its possible we didn't adjust it correctly when reinstalling. Does anyone know any specs on proper adjustment as height to the head before capping. Also during cleaning ink is puddling under the station and probably why it had ink caked a half inch thick when we frost got it. I looked in the service manual but didn't see any info on it. Thank you for any info

you are looking for flushing adjustment in the manual.
on the rear of the cap are two posts on the corners that guide it in to place and the small spring holds it over towards you and it not adjustable but check the captop can move slightly in its holder
the height is not adjustable and relies on spring tension
the flushing adjustment allows you to adjust left to right a small amount. takes a few attempts as quite difficult to see the point the head frame touches the lifting post.
if you look at the head surface you can normally see where the cap was sitting for reassurance you have it correct.
from experience the OE captops do seal better than the after market ones and often cure a lot of problems but they are ridiculously expensive.

Jim Hill

Not sure we you have already replaced the two springs under each cap top.

They tend to stretch over time and don't apply the correct force.
One other question are you sure the hoses are connected to the correct side of the ink pump?

I made this mistake one time without realizing it and it created all kinds of problems with the cap tops.

Jim