• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Captop Adjust SP series ...and how often to change?

Bobas Kalobas

I have instructions from the factory book. To adjust captops it says to bump it up til the rubber meets the head. But, when you push the finish button, it goes up to a predetermined amount anyway. I was told by a tech yesterday that the adjustment does not have to touch the captop to the head. keep it at the lowest adjustment because after you set it, it goes up and seals it anyway. He said "This way your captops will last a year." because as i explained to him that mine only last 3-4 months then i have to buy new ones. I buy 3 to 5 pair of captops a year.

Zoogee World

Domed Promotional Product Supplier
Depending on how much you use the machine, they are rated 6 months, but I've gotten up to 2 years on OEM's, 3rd party max 6 months.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
That cap adjustment will always move up afterwards. It's basically asking you to tell it when the cap top touched the head and then it moves up enough for it to seal.