• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Captop issue

Mysigns4u

Hi I am new to this forum and wanted to post about my roland xj740 that I'm rebuilding. Captops won't seal or hold a suction unless I do a fast force suck, even on a plate wet with solution Using a syringe .Docked over heads with strong springs pushing to head. No pump suction drawing inkOrdered oem captop to try. Hope this is the issue I bought after market captop (from china) ?Well don't wanna blame it on that yet.Did I mess them up by installing them in the printer. I left them exposed to air with no solution. 6 of them weeks prior to head install.I set up the roland xj all new lines has etc loaded the dampers all set lines etcBarley a test print since I loaded the heads.Only first time now nothing.Any advice

Ragnabrok

Captop is likely fine if it is new. The alignment could be off, if the cap is not roughly in the center of the head when it's docked. The other is a seal is broken elsewhere, giving the same result of no vacuum/suction. dampers of that colour being the most likely cause.

Mysigns4u

Captop is likely fine if it is new. The alignment could be off, if the cap is not roughly in the center of the head when it's docked. The other is a seal is broken elsewhere, giving the same result of no vacuum/suction. dampers of that colour being the most likely cause.

I am working on it l. Might remove damper and put lines on the head to create a vacuum point and try agian.

If I push solution up the cap top tube can see little spots b leading same when I draw ink I can see my air come ng it's a head banger.

Mysigns4u

6 new heads lined up with damper but still have leaks around cap even the ink in print around the head missing little spots breaks and it's tight and hair air in take around head and cap. This is odd