• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Card my yard

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
That sounds like an absolutely miserable business. Imagine all of the questions, followups and complaints that come with that disaster.

jimbug72

Okay, the gloves I kinda get...but why is the guy wearing knee and elbow pads? Does Wrestle Mania just randomly break out in Plano?

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Okay, the gloves I kinda get...but why is the guy wearing knee and elbow pads? Does Wrestle Mania just randomly break out in Plano?
Hey, how he spends his private time with his other-half in lockdown is his business.

bannertime

It seems funny, but in all seriousness, it's a literal "back breaking" job. We've been working with a local yard card company for a few years now and the owner had to take a break from installs. You either have to get on your knees and crawl while doing each letter which spans 10-20ft or you have to bend over for every piece. They all use the cheap eco wire stakes, so it's not like you can just smash it in with your foot.

It's definitely not a job I'd like to do.

MikePatterson

Head bathroom cleaner.
946h24ph73051.jpg

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing
These guys have been blowing up all over the country. We're working on a program to make it easy for everyday sign shops to get into this side of the business. If you're slow, you should consider designing a set of letters and getting out there!

10sacer

Have you seen their prices? They want like $80 a day to display these things.
Most places could just buy their own set and reuse whenever they want - especially hospitals

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Have you seen their prices? They want like $80 a day to display these things.
Most places could just buy their own set and reuse whenever they want - especially hospitals

So they only want one day and you have to make a trip in the morning to setup and a trip at night to take down. Plus gas, travel time, franchisee fee, taxes and you're left with a net profit of $5. $80 seems like a steal.

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
So they only want one day and you have to make a trip in the morning to setup and a trip at night to take down. Plus gas, travel time, franchisee fee, taxes and you're left with a net profit of $5. $80 seems like a steal.
And you get to listen to them complain if you're 2 minutes late, demand a refund if it rains 1/2 way through the party, tell you to move them because they don't look right, or hear it looked nicer in the picture. $500 seems more reasonable.

MikePatterson

Head bathroom cleaner.
What seems reasonable is letting someone else deal with the BS and I'll stick to making more profitable signs and wraps.

Jester1167

Premium Subscriber
Material costs are cheap, but that looks like a lot of work considering each coro sign is an original.

The only way to make that work is to have a bunch of premade letters and designs in limited colors. Then all you have to do is sort, install, and remove.

It could be a good business if you like crappy hours and you account for all the letters the highschool and college kids are going to steal. clASS of 2020 is an invitation at that age.