• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cardboard Box Printing

toomeycustoms

Anyone have a source/recommendation for printing on Cardboard shipping boxes? We are currently just stamping our logos on them with a large 10"x4" rubber stamp. We have multiple sizes, but the 2 most common would be 30"x4x4" and 24"x4x4. Would be ordering a couple thousand at a time.

laserman70

[h=3]California[/h]Menasha Packaging
17789 Harvill Ave. Ste. #102
Perris, California 92570
951-238-6726

Menasha Packaging
8110 Sorensen Avenue
Santa Fe Springs, California 90670
877-779-0198

ORBIS Corporation - RPM
9409 Owensmouth Avenue
Chatsworth, California 91311
818-882-8664

ORBIS Corporation
2131 Beechcraft Drive, Suite 500
Vacaville, California 95688
707-446-4630

ADK

Cardboard box HPFB500

Im trying to figure out the output/capacity for short-run cardboard box packaging using the HP FB500 Scitex Printer,
is it viable for entry-level packaging (cardboard carton box) prints ?

Slim White

The problem with running boxes on the Scitex is that they are usually not flat enough to go through without getting some headstrikes, even getting knocked askew. We've done a few smallish runs and you have to pretty much babysit the machine while it is printing. It's not cost effective.

CustomArtFW

Innovative - Fort Wayne, IN

[FONT=&quot]Innovative Packaging, Inc.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]PH (260)-356-6577 [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]FAX (260) 356-6656[/FONT]

Drew85

Printing on (Corrugated) Cardboard box material

Im trying to figure out the output/capacity for short-run cardboard box packaging using the HP FB500 Scitex Printer,
is it viable for entry-level packaging (cardboard carton box) prints ?

We have a FB500 in studio and run 2-sided boxes nested on 60”x120” corrugated cardboard. Media setup is done with the warped media setting, I lost about 24” of printing material when all is said and done. I haven’t had a problem with head clearance (striking the media) on either side of the prints. I usually have the head height set around .085”-.095”. Indoor/Indoor+ works well for me as far as the print mode. Our MultiCam takes over after that, contour cutting each box and creasing the folds. Other than the wasted material, two strips of 60”x12” cardboard from each end of the sheet, everything production-wise runs smoothly.

H&H Group

Where do you buy your cardboard? We are looking at doing some a large run of cardboard but our substrate vendors don't offer cardboard. We are getting some from ULine but it is only white on one side and it is always very warped.

Thanks